Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ten Things...

I've been tagged by that little meme circulating around the scribosphere (courtesy of Matt). This is actually a good thing, since I'm at a cousin's wedding this weekend and don't have the time to come up with an actual post.

So, uhm, thanks Matt!

Without further ado; Ten Things You Didn't Know About Me!

1. I've broken my nose twelve (12) times. This may lead you to believe that I'm a boxer, or brawler, or some-such. I only wish that were true. Instead I'm just really, really clumsy. I've broken my nose falling down stairs, off beds, crashing my bike into a tree, skiing into a tree, catching an elbow while playing basketball, skating, and so on and so forth.

The good thing is that after breaking it for the fifth time it wasn't a big deal anymore (what's that? my nose is perpendicular to my face? eh...it happens).

2. I used to take jazz dance lessons. And I LIKED them! Don't look at me like that!

3. I hated piano lessons until I stopped going to a conservatory and started learning "cool" songs. I'd bring a recording of something to my teacher and he'd help me learn it my ear.

I went from learning Mozart to learning the theme for Star Trek: The Next Generation. It was grand.

4. I started writing for the theater. After highschool my friends and I thought it would be fun to start our own theater troupe. No one else wanted to write anything, so I took the reins. We put on three one-acts and two full length plays before calling it quits. It was really fun.

5. I got kicked out of university for poor attendance. My grades were good, I just had more important things to do than to be in class (like play pool in the bar). Thankfully I managed to convince them to let me back in without too much fuss.

6. I wanted to be a cowboy. The thought of riding around the open plain, sleeping under the stars, was incredibly appealing. And then I tried to ride a horse. After getting dumped off a couple of times I'd had enough. Leave the horse riding to some other chump.

7. I'll work for beer. Back in university I'd spend every summer working as a landscaper. There was one guy that always wanted us to cut his lawn, but never wanted to pay us the twenty bucks it would cost. Eventually we worked out a deal, he'd give us a six-pack and we'd cut his lawn. Smiles all around.

8. I never take good pictures. Ever. Anytime someone tries to take a picture of me I'll manage to mess it up by either having my toungue sticking out (and not on purpose!) or by having food in my mouth. It's a curse.

9. I can (or used to be able to) swear and order beer in eight languages. English, French, Yiddish, Arabic, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Polish. God forbid I need to do anything else cause then I'd be reduced to gesticulating wildly.

10. I've never had a sunburn. Ever. Despite this fact I don't really tan. Chalk it up to genetics.

So some of those are pretty lame, but the family beckons. I know I'm supposed to tag a bunch of folks now, but I'm not because I think that every screenwriter with a blog has been hit by this puppy and it's time to let it die.

Yall can thank me later.

No comments: