Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shopping

My credit card companies must love me.

Went and bought new DVDs on my lunch break today. Unfortunately Best Buy wasn't stocking Friday Night Lights (I had a few choice words about that), but a little internet research later and it's looking like I'll be making a trip to Futureshop on the way home to pick up a copy.

What I did buy (yay for debt!)...

Heroes - How could I not? Sure the show has some problems (dreadful payoff on the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" bit), but I'm still planning on speccing it. It's going to be interesting to see how things go with all the spin offs and marketing hype that's swirling around this show. Is it well enough established to support all the crap they're heaping on top of it?

Dexter - I've seen a couple episodes of this, but not being a TMN subscriber missed more than I saw. I liked what I did see though, and I'm definitely going to spec this show as well.

The Shield (Season 1) - This is a show I've always meant to follow, but somehow never did. It was on sale for a little under $25, so figure I might as well pick it up. Should be a handy reference point if I ever decide to develop a cop-type show.

Brotherhood - I've heard good things about this show, though I've yet to see it. It was only 20 bucks though, and it won a peabody award, so hopefully it'll be worth it.

No comments: