Tuesday, May 22, 2007

You poor, poor saps...

Watched the premiere of On the Lot tonight. Not a huge fan of reality television on principle, but this is a show that I could definitely get behind. 50 filmmakers from around the world vying for a one million dollar development deal with Dreamworks.

Not too shabby...

The first challenge (ah yes, the infamous reality show challenge) was to pitch a feature based on randomly assigned log lines. As someone who's been in that exact situation (okay, not exact, I was pitching a good ole TeeVee series, not a feature) I sat there writhing with discomfort, nervous on behalf of people I've never met.

But man oh man, if you ever need an example of how NOT to pitch, was that ever a great thing to watch...

3 comments:

Nicole is... said...

I heard about that show and was actually wondering what you would think about it. seemed like a cool idea. hadn't realized it already started tho.

J. Nadiger said...

Hey, Pete. Nice to see you blogging again.

I hope to see some reviews of stuff you're watching in the future.

I'm going to try and start writing a few 300 word graphic novel reviews.

Yup.

Any second now.

Just you wait.

Peter said...

It'll happen James! I have faith!