Thursday, July 31, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

...cause you just might get it.

Big thanks to everyone for the kind comments and congratulations! I really appreciate them.

The shock and numbness of acceptance (they love me! they really love me!) has started to fade, only to be replaced by equal parts excitement and abject terror (why do they love me? what the hell's wrong with them?).

My writerly neuroses are rearing their ugly heads again. "Oh my god, what the hell have I got myself into" gibbering and the horrible fear that at any second I'll be unmasked as nothing but a fraud.

But really the only thing you can do is put your head down and work on through the doubt. Keep on trucking, bucko.

So, in no particular order, here is what I'm doing for the next month.

-Quitting my job - Done! Last day's on the 15th
-Moving out of my apartment - In progress. Gave notice and started to pack.
-Find a place to live in Toronto - Anyone need a roomate?
-Buy a plane ticket out there - Hopefully there'll be a seat sale soon.
-Put together some scholarship / grant applications - Oodles of fun.
-Figure out what to take with me - Something tells me my DVD collection won't make it.

Sure I'll be adding to that list as time goes on, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

On the plus side now that I'm going to be in Toronto in September I'm going to attend ink Canada's Canadian Screenwriter Party! Look forward to meeting some of you there!

4 comments:

Elize Morgan said...

What he said.

I completely agree. I was worried I wouldn't get in, but part of me never really thought I would get in.

Now that I'm at this point it's all about the logistics :)

DMc said...

Congrats Peter. See you in the fall. Work on being a most charming bastard and you'll do fine.

Brandon Laraby said...

When I was looking I used to use a place called roommateaccess.com (no, they didn't pay me to say that).

It was actually pretty painless considering I found out I had to find a place in 4 days.

Hope that helps!!

Cheers,
Brandon

wcdixon said...

congrats!