Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fuzzy Bunny Overlords

So, who wants to listen to more hand wringing about Canadian TV? What? Nobody?

Me neither.

On to more important things then! Like Transformers!

I know, I know. I’m a bit late in seeing it, but better late than never.

And I’m glad I did see it. It was a lot of fun. Now I’m ambivalent about Michael Bay. He’s made some fun movies (Bad Boys, The Rock) and some less fun movies (Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys II), but Transformers is definitely one of his better flicks.

It was pretty funny. There were some pretty good actions sequences. Shia LaBeouf is going to be a monster talent. And John Torturro’s always great. All in all it was a good “summer fun-time” movie.

One pressing question I was left with...

How the hell do monstrous alien robots hide behind (or in!) freaking trees? And we’re not talking about 300 foot Sequoia’s or anything here, we’re talking about Willow trees…

Those Autobots are stealthy motherfuckers…

On to robots of a cuter, fuzzier variety, The Last Mimzy!

This was a cute little flick. Some strong child actors and a cute little stuffed bunny from the future. Thought the movie kinda fell apart at the end (how’d the rabbit save the future?) I’m still happy to welcome our new Fuzzy Bunny Overlords.

If you don’t they may just snuggle you to death.

Consider yourselves warned.

No comments: